“Two Rose Cottages Bed and Breakfast has not been open long, and so far most of our guests have been business people: mainly, but not only, business women. I asked them why they chose us, and they told me about nine services that have turned this little bed and breakfast into a home-from-home for the business traveller.
Of course all guests like these facilities, but feedback is that they are particularly helpful for business travellers.
- Peace and quiet. The atmosphere of the house is one of calm, comfort and seclusion, perfect to unwind after a day’s work.
- Privacy. The front door and reception room are for the exclusive use of guests. You can come and go as you please.
- A common area. There is a wood-burning stove, plus comfortable chairs and a TV in the reception room. It is a perfect place to work and/or relax.
- There is a small work station in the reception room. Here you can work peacefully at any time of day (or night): fine-tune that presentation, borrow a hi-lighter, print documents (there is a small charge for large documents), scribble a post-it note or just grab a few paper-clips. We can also lend you adaptors and phone-chargers that you may have left behind.
- WIFI. Of course, there is free, 24-hour wireless broadband throughout the cottage.
- Fresh tea and coffee. A tea-pot and coffee press in each room, with fresh milk, means that you can have a good cuppa any time, and enjoy a real coffee first thing in the morning, or at night (if you are having to burn the midnight oil.)
- Food. While we do not serve an evening meal, in midweek there are complementary fruit, nutrition bars and home-made snacks in each room, so busy people will not go hungry. By prior arrangement I can also serve a light tray supper in the reception room (prices vary). You could eat your meal in front of the fire while watching your favourite TV show, just like at home!
- Flexible arrival and departure times. While we are very busy, and therefore ask most guests to arrive and depart within the requested times so that we can clean the house, go shopping and also find time to relax, we do understand that business people often have to travel early and late, before or after a full day’s work. So we are flexible on arrival and departure times, and happy to cook an early breakfast if needed (we are early risers in any case!).
- Things you may have left behind. We have a stock of adapters, leads and chargers, (including international ones) in case of need, and a supply of toiletries that may have been left behind.
- The steam iron and ironing board in your room means that you can always look your best.
Everything is there. Just bring your own lap-top!”
Many thanks to Sarah for her insights. If you’ve found any other useful ways to attract business travellers to your property, do please comment below.