When prospective guests choose not to book a hotel room online, the main reason – not surprisingly – is that the price is too high. But web analytics company iPerceptions has done some research to uncover the other reasons and it makes very interesting reading.
Cost aside, the biggest stumbling blocks turned out to be poor website functionality and poor website design. Broken links, malfunctioning booking forms and drab photos don’t inspire confidence!
Here are the main stats:
- Of those surveyed, 30% who didn’t complete a booking said price was the reason
- 12% of those who did not finalize a reservation experienced a booking problem
- 8% gave up after being unable to find the information they sought.
- 28%, arrived at a website by typing in a web address
- 27% arrived at a website via a search engine
iPerceptions also found that leisure travellers sought out information about hotels or prices more often than did business travellers. Additionally, business travellers were more likely than leisure travellers to complete a reservation.